My Curated Halloween Tree

Hi Friends. Happy October 1st. Where has the year gone? 

This is my first year to have a Halloween Tree. Well, I’ve always had a tabletop tree, but this year I wanted a big one. In order to have enough “stuff” to fill the tree, I added all (most) of the Halloween decorations I’ve “curated” through the years, and now they are condensed in one spot.

Halloween Tree

For the Tree itself, I used a Primitive German Twig Tree. 

Halloween Tree

Let me give you a tour of the kind of “ornaments” I’ve used. 

Halloween Tree

My tree topper comes from Traditions @ ChristmasTraditions.com, as do some of my other ornaments. 

I’ve used old photographs that I’ve found in antique stores and embellished with Witch Hats. I’ve also printed out some I’ve found online. I just stick them in the branches. 


Halloween Tree


I have many Patience Brewster Ornaments, Dept 56, Old World Christmas and Disney. My Grandmother made me a Witch Doll when I was a little girl, so I tucked that into the tree, along with many Annalee. 



It’s not easy to see everything, but I also have feathered masks, sisal mice and broomsticks from Pottery Barn. 

Below the tree I have a lot of other decorations. I made the potion bottles years ago, and I really like them, but to store them in place of the normal “Boos” just isn’t practical. So under the tree they go along with many other pieces that have no home. 





And here’s a peek at what it looks like without the lights.




I guess that’s all for now. Thanks for visiting! I hope I’ve given some of you ideas for your own Halloween Tree. Have a Spooktacular Weekend!

Karyn

Comments

Popular Posts