Rearranging the Artwork

I’m definitely “curating my home.“  I’ve purchased, some new pictures for the walls, so I’m rearranging the artwork in my living room. We haven’t gotten around to purchasing curtains yet, so when doing my rearranging, I want to prepare for that. When I hung the pictures originally, I knew they weren’t placed in their permanent spots. Apparently my husband didn’t realize it. Oops. Needless to say, he isn’t happy with me. Oh, well. I told him it’s a woman’s perogative to change her mind. Don’t you agree? I’m sure you rearrange things in your home all the time too. 

I’m a little overwhelmed, as there will be so many holes to patch and touch up.

So far here’s what I’ve done in this corner... The picture with my God Daughter is the before. Some of the art has been relocated, and some has been rearranged. This is a task that always gives me a headache. There are so many rules that apply to hanging pictures. I follow them to a degree, until I get to the point where the waters get muddy. Then I just sort of throw a dart and see where it lands. 


Here is the after. Or should I say during? I think I’ll move the Pediment above the large picture somewhere else. And I’ll have to sit with everything for a while to see if I still like it in a week.       


The living room has been easy. Next comes the kitchen... That’s going to be opening a huge can of worms. That room will have to wait for now, unless I can convince my husband to get the curtains sooner. I doubt it. 

Thanks again for visiting. Please come back for more Halloween fun! 

Karen

Comments

Popular Posts