A Little Bit of Halloween Magic in the Living Room

Holidays are for kids of all ages, and I happen to be the biggest kid in the house. To me, Holidays should be fun, festive and colorful. I prefer the Traditional Orange, Black and Red to the increasingly popular White, Pink and Blue that’s all the rage with Farmhouse Style.




On my Sofa Table I've layered velvet pumpkins, leaves, mushrooms. acorns and ears of corn on a blue and white platter. Most of which I've ordered from ETSY. If you look carefully, you can see the little German Hedgehog poking out, as well as the Mercury Glass Acorns and Leaves. Oh... I can't forget my photobombing Mark Roberts Fairy.


My Porter's Chair is where our Resident Witch hangs out when she's at home during the day. Incidentally, the Black Cat came from Target last year.


I've had this lit skeleton head for about 27 years. It was a gift from my Sister when we got married. It wouldn't be Halloween without it.


As you can see, the "Witch is in."


My Sofa table is completed with Blue and White Ginger Jars, A Mackenzie Childs Photo Frame, More Velvet/Plush Pumpkins and Pumpinos.


The Blenko Glass Pumpkin was a gift from my Aunt several years ago, and the Department 56 Pumpkin Head candle holder is close to 30 years old.


My end table is decorated with some old school books, a copy of  “The House of Seven Gables“ and some feathers in a mint julep cup. The Bavarian House was purchased a few years back at the Christkindlemarkt in Philadelphia, but I believe you can find them on ETSY.


Finally, when the TV armoire is open, you’ll find some Mercury Glass Owls, and more cuteness in my Teddy Bear Witch. There is no shame in my game. The owls and pumpkin are from HomeGoods. The Witch came fom Lord & Taylor many moons ago, and has been refreshed with new leaves, moss, and spider webs over the years. 


This is my dog Gubler adding some coziness, Lol. 


I hope you've enjoyed the tour of my Living Room. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll come back to see the way I've decorated the rest of my home. 

Have you decorated for Halloween yet? Or do you wait a little longer?

Karen 

 

Comments

Popular Posts